Sunday, March 14, 2010

Happy Daylight Savings Day

I’ve been sitting here trying to convince myself that my Jello Sugar-Free Chocolate Mousse is just as good as Frank’s leftover party cake and I thought I would update for the weekend. I took the day off from working out on Saturday, but I ate lightly so I came out to only about 1250 calories for the day.

Today has been pretty relaxing, just overshadowed by the fact that it was really an hour later than it felt like. My parents came down to visit for a while this morning and after they left I knew I had to get a workout in. So instead of sucking it up and getting the workout done, I put on my work out clothes, tied my sneakers and then did everything else I could think of that did not involve the treadmill. I paid bills, balanced my check book, ran the dishwasher, folded and put away two loads of laundry – eventually it was almost 4 pm and I still hadn’t started! So I finally made myself get on the treadmill … and it was GREAT! I did 45 minutes of walking and jogging and then 15 minutes of strength training on the balance ball and using free weights. So I’m feeling good and ready for my first weigh-in tomorrow morning.

I’ve spent some time this weekend reading my manuscript. Right now I’m about two thirds of the way through. Some things are a lot worse than I remember and some things are surprisingly better. There are definitely holes and inconsistencies in the plot, as well as scenes that need to be paced better, but the important thing is that despite being away from it for so long I still feel like this story is worth telling. I’m excited to move forward with it starting this week.

Calories Consumed: 1426
Calories Burned: 450
Words Written: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment