Monday, March 8, 2010

Day One

Today is my first official day on track! I'm really excited and ready to buckle down and work hard. I weighed in, but I'm going to keep the weight to myself for now -- I'm hoping I'll eventually find it in me to man up and admit my weight to the internet. But for now, let's see where things go in the coming weeks.

As an additional motivation, I organized an impromptu "Biggest Loser" competition with some of my female family members. It's been fun emailing each other and talking about bad eating habits we want to break and favorite junk foods that we're resisting. Talking to them has also made me realize just how far I've come since I first started educating myself about nutrition. Sometimes I wish I could still plead ignorance so at least I'd have an excuse for why I put so much weight back on! I think the challenge will be great for accountability on the dieting end of things - especially because I suggested and am trying to organize it, so I feel like I should always be setting a good example.

Sadly, I didn't get very far in my writing goal tonight. And by that, I mean that I didn't write anything. It's been so long since I worked on the novel that I'm really going to have to spend more time than I had anticipated trying to reacquaint myself with the story. It's funny how something that came out of your own brain can seem so foreign, but there's so much that I honestly don't remember. I think I'm going to have to amend my writing goal. Instead of writing 5,000 words, my goal this week is going to be to read through the 92 pages of manuscript and take copious notes. That should get me on track to pick up where I left off by this weekend. I just hope the draft isn't too painful to read.

Tomorrow is Frank's birthday and I'll be taking him out to dinner to celebrate, which will be my first big challenge. We're going to his favorite Italian restaurant ... it's going to take a lot of will power and a little luck to be able to stay on track!


Calorie Consumed: 1309
Calories Burned: 350
Words Written: 0

2 comments:

  1. haha bummer that the story seems so unfamiliar to you know, that IS weird. But maybe you'll end up continuing the story down a different (and better) path now that you've had some time to remove yourself from it and come back to it? lol! Good job with the treadmill, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Vicky! Great job on day one!!! WOO HOO!

    Suggestions for the restaurant:

    spaghetti in oil with a grilled chicken breast - or spaghetti with tomato sauce and grilled chicken. :) Bruschetta usually isn't too bad for you (appetizer wise) and you can get a HUGE salad with the dressing on the side to help fill you up a little. Have a glass of wine if you're up for it - its good for weight loss and heart health and avoid the butter rolls!
    YOU CAN DO IT! :)

    ReplyDelete