Sunday, March 7, 2010

Game Plan

Since I’m just starting out, I want to set myself with some short-term goals and come up with a game plan for success.

Goal # 1 – Lose Weight and Get in Shape


Long Term Goal: Lose 60 pounds
Sort Term Goal: Lose 25 pounds by Memorial Day (~2 pounds per week for the next 12 weeks)
Plan: Log my food each day and keep between 1200 and 1400 calories, no more than 1600 calories. I’ll allow myself one cheat meal per week. Exercise at least a half an hour for at least 6 days per week. Burn at least 2000 calories per week.

Goal # 2 – Become a Disciplined Writer

Long Term Goal: Publish my novel, At Setting
Short Term Goal: Finish the rough draft
Plan: Write 5,000 words per week until the draft is complete.

At the end of each day, I plan on posting my number of calories consumed, number of calories burned and number of words written.

Tomorrow morning I’ll weigh in and begin my first week!

2 comments: