Monday, April 26, 2010

Challenge Day One

So, my big comeback didn't go exactly as planned. As I posted last time, my back kept getting worse to the point where I had to go in to Urgent Care to get some muscle relaxants so I was flat on my back for about a week. It was really frustrating because I wanted to work out but couldn't. And now that I'm finally back to normal, I'm just exhausted and don't want to work out! But hopefully I can make that change, because some of my girlfriends and I are having a challenge for the next five weeks to see who can lose the biggest percentage of weight. There's money and fabulous prizes at stake, so I really need to kick my butt in gear for this!

I'll admit - today wasn't a great start. But I'm still sticking with my goal of losing 20 pounds by my birthday and I think I can get there if I work really hard. I ate well today, but didn't get in much exercise, other than the fact that I had to park pretty far away from my building today. My intentions were to go for a walk during lunch, but it was raining and I didn't have an umbrella. By the time I got home I had lost all motivation. Tomorrow I'm going to force myself to get on that treadmill no matter what!

Food for today:
Breakfast: Banana, 1 tbsp Natural Peanut Butter
Lunch: Kashi Lemongrass Coconut Chicken Meal, apple
Snacks: 1 oz almonds, .5 cup Greek Yogurt, air-popped popcorn
Dinner: 4 oz ham steak, 1 cup Rice Pilaf, 1 artichoke
Dessert: Jello Chocolate Mousse
Calorie Consumed: 1411

Exercise:
Walking about 25 minutes to and from my car.
Calories Burned: ~100

No comments:

Post a Comment