Monday, May 3, 2010

Week One

Well, today was weigh-in day, and although I was down a little over a half a pound -- not much, but better than being up -- I was completely embarrassed that being as heavy as I am I could only lose such a minuscule amount. This weekend was hard because there was a lot going on -- Hayle came up to visit for the day, we had my father's birthday, etc -- but there's always going to be a lot going on, so I need to buckle down and do better.

Lately I've been trying to just change my lifestyle to more active and less sitting on the couch or in front of the laptop. For example, tonight Frank and I went on a 45 minute walk, and stopped to talk to his cousin for a while and then we played frisbee with the dogs in the yard for a while, folded and put away all the laundry and then cooked dinner on the barbeque. I'm hoping now that the weather is nicer and it's staying light so late that we can have more days like today! I'm still working on tackling that 5pm -6pm disaster zone, but one thing at a time.

In writing news, I haven't been doing any ... yet. But I have decided that I was a lot happier when I was doing more writing and creative work so I signed up for May's writing contest in the group that I was participating in last fall, so I will be writing soon since there's a Sunday deadline. I think the deadlines are what I need and I'm hoping that those combined with the feedback will help me break the writer's block and finally finish the novel.

Today was a terrible day at work, but I've gotten so much better at distancing myself from the work stress and family drama that I feel great and happy after my relaxing evening. I'm ready to see what tomorrow holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment