Monday, September 26, 2011

Cold Turkey

I always hate it when people say, regarding their food addiction, "well, it's not like alcohol or drugs -- you need food to survive!"

Yes, humans need FOOD to survive, but I don't think "food" includes cookies or brownies or muffins or cake. Which is why I decided that it's time for me to give this stuff up, at least for a while. The challenge I'm setting forth for myself, starting today, is no sweets until Thanksgiving. I just need to break my sugar cravings and I think just stopping completely is the only thing that's going to do it.

Of course, there's all those grey areas -- is sugar in my coffee sweets? Are my organic Maple & Pecan granola bars with flax sweets? For now, I'm going to allow these things with the intention that they too will be weaned out. Effective immediately will be all those things listed above, all of which I indulge in way too much.

I might make a possible pre-meditated exception for a pumpkin chocolate chip cookie, just because it's that time of year, but that's only if I don't slip up before then.

1 comment: